Call us toll-free: 800-878-7828 — Monday - Friday — 8AM - 5PM EST
By Laura Dydra for Becker’s Hospital Review
Nine U.S. physicians appeared on Forbes‘ 36th annual list of the world’s richest people.
The list featured 33 U.S.-based billionaire entrepreneurs, heirs, inventors and leaders in healthcare, and 2,668 billionaires all together. Below is the list of U.S. physician billionaires and their 2022 net worth.
- Thomas Frist Jr., MD. Co-founder of HCA Healthcare (Nashville, Tenn.): $21.8 billion
- Patrick Soon-Shiong, MD. Founder of NantWorks: $7.3 billion
- Phillip Frost, MD. CEO and Chair of Opko Health: $2.2 billion
- Gary Michelson, MD. Retired spine surgeon inventor: $1.8 billion
- Keith Dunleavy, MD, and family. Founder and CEO of Inovalon: $1.7 billion
- James Leininger, MD. Founder of Kinetic Concepts: $1.7 billion
- George Yancopoulos, MD, PhD. Co-founder, president and chief scientific officer of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals: $1.4 billion
- August Troendle, MD. President and CEO of Medpace: $1.3 billion
- Leonard Schleifer, MD, PhD. Co-founder and CEO of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals: $1.2 billion