Call us toll-free: 800-878-7828 — Monday - Friday — 8AM - 5PM EST
FLSA Exempt Status: Exempt
Department: Client Services
Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm ET
Dolbey Systems, Inc. develops, implements, and supports Health Information Management technologies. The Program Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating all aspects of implementation for projects assigned to our team of Project Managers, including but not limited to all implementations of our computer-assisted coding and clinical documentation improvement solutions.
- Creation and management of customized project plans using the Teamwork.com Projects product, Microsoft Project, and a templated Scope of Work document. This includes controls, processes, procedures, reporting, etc.
- Regular monitoring of project milestones and tasks; their due date, responsible party, and status.
- Regular monitoring of client stakeholder expectations pertaining to the functionality of the solution contracted, the timeline for delivery, and key contract implementation terms.
- Facilitate and monitor communications between Dolbey’s SME/Coding, Support and Development Teams to advance implementation goals.
- Prioritize project strategies and objectives.
- Coordinate cross-project activities.
- Lead and evaluate project management staff, providing strategic guidance.
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets, and activities.
- Implement new ideas and lessons learned.
- Regularly report progress and challenges to leadership.
- Engage high profile clients going through implementations for feedback.
- Directly participate in key implementations.
- Conduct performance reviews and evaluate all aspects of project management regularly.
- Successful delivery of contracted solutions with the highest possible client satisfaction.
- Maintain a working knowledge of our solutions’ features and capabilities.
- Provide consultation to project managers and clients regarding best practices and potential strategies that permit a smooth implementation and maximum effectiveness of our solutions.
- Assist project managers in building and issuing quotations on labor for additional professional services.
- Where not otherwise listed, all aspects of the Dolbey Technical Project Manager Job Description.
- Clearly and accurately communicate status information about implementations, and opportunities to improve client productivity to client contacts, and internally to Dolbey leadership.
- Document regular meetings with the project managers and make this information available for reference.
- Communicate high-level project status information regularly to other departments and to leadership.
The Program Manager must understand in detail how our products and services work to provide our clients with return on investment. With highly configurable systems our clients rely on our Project Managers to assist them in communicating available options and strategies for opinions on how to get the most benefit at their organization. The Program Manager must assist Project Managers in understanding the organizational structure and business functions of the resources they interact with to understand their perspective well enough to deliver the fantastic results our clients expect.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office365/Teams.
- Excellent knowledge of program/project management software (Teamwork.com, MS Project, SharePoint. Microsoft Dynamics CRM etc.) is a strong advantage.
- General database system concepts including Microsoft SQL and MongoDB.
- Basic understanding of HL7 messaging format and standard HL7 specifications.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
- Thorough documentation Skills.
- Strong sense of triage and urgency with deadline driven material and tasks.
- Thorough follow up with periphery tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Drive and desire to represent our company to our clients.
- Ability to work in a team-centric environment.
- Commanding professionalism via email, telephone, and on-site.
- Strong interest in developing rapport and long-lasting business relationships.
Recommended Interests & Traits
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or similar managerial position. Healthcare/hospital systems experience a plus.
- Higher-education degree in management or a relevant field a plus.
- Strong interest in all aspects of technology and computer science.
- Background working with health care clients and systems. Experience with Health Information Management, Medical Coding and/or Clinical Documentation Improvement a plus.
- Interest in professional communications, conflict resolution and motivating people.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification.
- Maintain up to date job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading publications, and participating in industry networking groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
- As this is a mostly sedentary position, one must be able to be in a stationary position for extended periods of time – usually 1-2 hours.
- Constant operation of computer, keyboard, and mouse.
- Frequent use of telephone and computer as a communication tool. Program Managers will often place several phone calls or lead several conference calls per day between staff and clients. This will require you to clearly articulate tasks, ask questions, and provide discussion summaries. Clients must be able to clearly understand verbal exchanges.
- Travel is possible, the program manager needs to be able to travel independently via car or plane.
The Program Manager reports to Vice President, Client Services.
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and a family-like environment and culture. The average tenure for our team members is 8 years. Our team members are extremely talented, passionate, hard-working, and enjoy the challenge of creating world-class software to successfully compete with medical coding industry titans.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for apply now. Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.