Call us toll-free: 800-878-7828 — Monday - Friday — 8AM - 5PM EST
Senior CAC Support Specialist Position Overview
Job Title: Senior CAC Support Specialist
Job Type: Full time
FLSA Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Concord, OH
What is this position about?
Dolbey Systems, Inc. develops, implements, and supports Medical Coding (CAC) and Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) systems for hospitals from our home office located in the Greater Cleveland (OH) area. Not sure what medical coding or clinical documentation improvement is but have strong analytical and problem-solving skills in the IT field? That’s fine, read on!
Our Senior CAC Support Specialist role is responsible for:
- Testing newly proposed software solutions for client implementation.
- Maintaining and updating 3rd party applications to align with our software specifications, including message queue and database, MSSQL and No-SQL, applications.
- Working with clients or peers to analyze and troubleshoot reported questions.
- Understanding and evaluating hardware, network, and software system requirements to craft solutions and recommendations for tasks presented to you.
- Act as mentor and escalation point of contact for first-level support staff.
Where do your transferrable skills fit in?
Our software solution is made in-house, so you might not know everything about it right off, which is just fine, we can show you all of that. However, there are a lot of cool technologies that we work with that you might already know!
- We use MongoDB to provide scalable storage for big data.
- We use message queuing in our applications, specifically RabbitMQ.
- Our solutions are typically installed on-site on our client’s infrastructure which they manage, but being able to understand the language they are using when they are talking about technologies is helpful.
General Responsibilities & Professional Characteristics
- Lead internal and client-facing projects for tracking and applying updates for 3rd party applications (DB/Message Queue systems).
- Keen sense of triage and urgency with deadline-driven material and tasks related to system implementation and upgrades/updates.
- Thorough documentation skills – documenting new “lessons learned” experiences within internal platforms and reviewing/updating existing documentation.
- Regularly follow up on tasks and escalation items.
Recommended Interests & Traits
- Strong interest in all aspects of technology and computer science.
- Background working with health care clients and systems. Experience with Health Information Management, Medical Coding and/or Clinical Documentation Improvement a plus.
- A genuine interest in professional communications, conflict resolution and motivating people while drawing on learned leadership skills. The desire to learn.
$45,000 – $70,000 plus annual bonus, based on experience and abilities to engage responsibilities quickly.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits along with working remotely. The average tenure for our team members is 8 years. Our team members are extremely talented, passionate, and hard-working. Together we enjoy the challenge of creating world-class software to successfully compete with longstanding medical coding industry titans.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, apply now!