Call us toll-free: 800-878-7828 — Monday - Friday — 8AM - 5PM EST
By Mackenzie Bean for Becker’s Hospital Review
The CDC reported 219 new cases of vaping-related illnesses this week, bringing the national case count to 1,299 as of Oct. 8.
- Vaping-related illnesses have occurred in every state but Alaska.
- Twenty-six people have died from the illnesses in 21 states, up from 18 deaths a week prior.
- The CDC has obtained complete demographic data on 1,043 patients. Of these, 70 percent are male, and 80 percent are under age 35.
- Sickened individuals range from age 13 to 75. The median age of patients is 24.
- The source of the illnesses is still unknown, although health officials said they believe THC products may play a role.