Call us toll-free: 800-878-7828 — Monday - Friday — 8AM - 5PM EST
By Angie Stewart for Becker’s Hospital Review
CMS posted changes to the ICD-10-CM codes for fiscal year 2020.
Five key points:
- There were 71,932 ICD-10-CM codes for fiscal year 2019. The update includes 72,184 codes.
- CMS added 273 codes, deleted 21 codes and made 30 revisions to codes pertaining to various treatments.
- Additions included codes related to orbital wall fractures, eye examinations and neurostimulators.
- Revisions included changes to the codes for mid-cervical disc disorder and body mass index.
- The CDC and National Center for Health Statistics developed ICD-10-CM codes for outpatient medical coding and reporting in the U.S.
Click here to download and view the updates.